Arise 5 Updates
Arise 5 Weekly Update
June 18, 2013 / Tammuz 10
4-4-4: A Season to Command!
“You are my King, O God; command victories for Jacob” (Ps. 44:4).
“They (your descendants) will spring up among the grass like willows by the watercourses” (Isa. 44:4).
A few days ago, Teddy told me that she had been awakened at precisely 4:44 a.m. This happened two mornings in a row, so we knew the Holy Spirit was trying to show us something. We began checking Bible references. The next day, I flew to Hong Kong. While riding to the hotel, I was reminded of those numbers again. I dozed briefly, awoke, and glanced at the dashboard clock. It was exactly 4:44. I began to meditate in earnest, and I feel the Lord gave me a word for this season.
- Four is the number of the earth. There are four seasons, four cardinal directions (north, south, east, west), four kingdoms represented in Daniel 7, and four types of soil in the parable of the sower (Matt. 13). Four is also the number of creation.
- Genesis 1:11 states that the earth would “bring forth.” The earth causes things to grow. God is reminding us that He wants everything we do to “grow and bring forth.” Expect new fruitfulness.
- The earth was created for man. Adam was told to take dominion over the earth—to rule it and to increase (Gen. 1:28). Now is the time for us to rise up and take dominion to increase. The Lord is the one who will command victories for us (Ps. 44:4). We have to be sure to pray big enough and strong enough. Don’t wait for the future. Do it now!
- One of the “commands” the Lord wants us to make is to gather souls. Isaiah 11:12 says He will gather people from the “four corners of the earth.” Also note Isaiah 42:5–6. “I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not keep them back!’”
- The fourth book of the Bible is Numbers. Numbers 4:4 pertains to the Kohathites. They carried the tabernacle whenever it was time to move. For us, it means that God wants to start moving. We are not going to stay in the same place. He is advancing us.
- Isaiah 44:4 talks about descendants springing up quickly and strongly as the Holy Spirit is poured out. Watch your natural and spiritual descendants begin to flourish like never before.
- John is the fourth book of the New Testament. In John 4:4, we see that Jesus needed to go through Samaria. It was a non-favored place, but the trip turned out to be very fruitful. God is going to send us to what may appear to be “non favored” or “second-choice” places. However, these will turn out to be strategic and fruitful assignments.
- In John 4:44, Jesus Himself said a prophet has no honor in his own country. However, in the very next verse, the opposite happens: “the Galileans received Him, having seen all the things He did in Jerusalem” (44:5). This means that people who have not received or honored you—perhaps because of familiarity—will now begin to see you in a new way, and you and your words will be received.
So, now is a time to “command”—to pray with confidence and boldness. Watch things spring forth.
God bless, and thank you for praying.
Ron and Teddy Sawka