Blessings for the Month of Av, July 17–August 15
Av, the Fifth Month of the Hebrew Year (5775)
- The month of Simeon, which means “to hear, to be concerned.” We want to be concerned that we are able to continue moving ahead. Simeon messed up, just like Reuben (the previous month) who was unstable. He was called an “instrument of cruelty” (Gen. 49:5). Also, there seemed to be instability, perhaps from his mother, Leah, who felt that bearing him would earn her the love of her husband (see Gen. 29:31–33). We are grafted into the great inheritance God has for us. However, when there is instability in our bloodline (as was the case with Simeon—and as is the case with most of us), we need to develop spiritual discipline, as demons will try to convince convince you to align and agree with them. They understand how to use our iniquitous patterns to pull us backwards. God wants us to walk with Him and the angelic army. The devil tries to make us go at it alone, which greatly reduces our effectiveness. When we agree with Satan’s iniquitous plan, it gets rooted in us. Pray, “Lord, I am not unstable, neither will I mess up like Simeon—who chose revenge/unforgiveness, as well as going at it alone). I ask for spiritual discipline to not agree with demons about myself. Rather, I choose to believe You, Lord, and what You say about me. I want Your patterns to be rooted in me. This month in particular, weed out the tendency to ‘do it by myself’ instead of walking with You and the people You’ve provided.”
- The month that you decide on what you have heard. You need to make a decision. “Will I just hear what God has told me, or will I actually do it?” Be sure to meditate on what God is telling you so that it is integrated in you (1 Tim. 4:14).
- The month of predestined connections. This means that God has connections preordained for you that will manifest and will really help you to move ahead. Consider that as we align ourselves with those whom God brings, then we will also be in alignment with the angels, and our way will be easier.
- The low-point or the high-point month (frequently on Av 9 or Av 15). Historically, bad things have happened to Israel on the ninth day of Av. That is the day when the temple was destroyed. We need to be watchful. Conversely, if you make the right shift, you will move into what God has for you.
- The month of the Hebrew letter tet [ט], which resembles a womb. Certain good things will be birthed. Tet has a numerical value of nine and represents goodness.
- The month of the constellation of the lion. Psalm 19:1 states, “The heavens declare the glory of God.” Also, the divine will of the Father is being executed. He begins to execute and carry out things based on what we have responded and committed to.
- The month the lion roars. The Lion of Judah is roaring for us (Joel 3:16). We must “roar” in faith. Our roaring/praise becomes a covering of the Lord, and God begins to unlock things for us. Let this be a month of joyful, powerful praise.
- The month where God destroys so that He can reconstruct. Ask the Lord to destroy the old foundations and structures that are hindering you and the moves of God from advancing.
- The month where the earth begins to contract. Watch for earthquakes. The secret of the pregnancy begins to move into the earth realm. When you hear of earthquakes, know that God is getting ready to birth something.
- The month that means “there is an iniquity.” However, we do not need to not let it continue. You change for the better,or you will gradually disintegrate. Pray, “Lord, show me my iniquities so that they can be uprooted.” Declare, “Lord, I am changing for the better. Thank you that by the Holy Spirit I can change.”
- The month where the kingdom advances through partnership. Be very aware of your partnerships. Watch them. This is more than just connections. Be aware and supportive of the partnerships God has given you.
- The month of the left kidney. Develop a new level of discernment, or you will unwittingly oppose God’s counsel and advice. Note Psalm 32. He takes hold of the reigns (of our kidneys). There should be no resisting to the leading of the Holy Spirit. Again, I recommend meditating on what God has spoken or shown. As we do so, we will see an increase of His wisdom in us, as well as an increase in discernment.
(This material comes from my 2006 notes taken from a series of lectures [on CD] given by Chuck Pierce [Glory of Zion]. I highly recommend his website for more materials and more in-depth explanations. —Ron Sawka)