Blessings for the Hebrew Month of Adar: February 27–March 27; Hebrew Year 5777
This is the prayer (or blessing) guide for Adar, the twelfth month of the Hebrew year. Be blessed as you read, pray through, and declare these blessings over yourself and your family.
- The month of the tribe of Naphtali, which means “sweetness to me.” It is a time of celebration. Your curse is overturned and things become sweet to you. In Deuteronomy 33:23, we see that Naphtali is “abounding with the favor of the Lord.” Don’t only believe this, but also celebrate it!
- The month of eloquent communication and expressions of joy and laughter. “Naphtali is a deer let loose; he uses beautiful words” (Gen. 49:21). We need to be in “celebration mode.” We need to celebrate the end of cycles. Proper celebration of each victory and cycle gives us proper faith for the next. The key is to actually celebrate, and we can do that using the imagery of Naphtali. Let it loose, and use the words the Lord will cause to spring up from your spirit.
- Declare that God has brought you out of the old and into a time of great favor. I love Moses’s celebration song after crossing the Red Sea. It speaks of faith—that not only had God delivered them from Egypt, but that He would also bring them into the Promised Land (Exod. 15:17). Celebration gives us faith to “enter” all the promises God has for us.
- This is the month of Pisces, the fishes. Finding your supply in the “hidden” world (e.g., the gold coin in the fish’s mouth). There is an identity for you in the invisible world. Don’t always be practical, which sometimes is a mask for simply conforming to others because you want to be accepted. No, we must find our spiritual identity. The demons know and can see that identity—so, we might as well embrace it! Many people undervalue themselves. We must not do that. Remember, you are not just a “fish.” You have a gold coin—faith and the presence of God—inside you.
- Your true identity should begin to be reflected this month, both spiritually as well as physically. God has established cycles to help us come into our identity—the spiritual will be reflected in the physical. Don’t just find your identity, but also let it out. Let the real you (beloved of God, bold warrior, one who walks in wisdom and love) come forth.
- The month of the letter kaf [כּ], which resembles a mask. It is a time to remove any masquerades and enter your true identity. Laughter is important. Enter into true joy of who you are. The more you rejoice in who you really are, the more that real identity will come forth.
- A month to overturn worry and anxiety, including worry about your supply. If you get rid of anxiety, then you can see your supply. If you are ruled by worry, you will not be able to see the provision God has for you (Phil. 4:6–7).
- The month of laughter, abounding joy, the witnessing of life entering into darkness, the advantage of light over darkness, the power of barrenness being broken. No matter what the darkness is, laugh and watch God permeate it. Light permeates darkness. When we see this, barrenness will break. Begin to laugh at fear (Ps. 34:4–6).
- The month of the spleen. Pull out any roots of depression and despair so that faith can break through into our thought processes. Ask the Lord to do the following: 1) show you when you enter into despair; and 2) show you the roots of that despair, so that they can be pulled out.
- The month that Moses was born. Thus, it means that your deliverance is forming. See that deliverance is already forming for you. Take a look at whatever is holding you captive and declare God’s truth. Declare that He is already forming deliverance and freedom for you, and that it is on the way (Exod. 2:10).
- A month to develop your war strategy against the anti-Christ spirit. Don’t let the giants produce fear in you; guard against idolatry. Amalek will try to come. Don’t end the year in fear. See Exodus 17:8–16. Note that Amalek attacked from the rear. Be sure you are not “holding back.” Also, when Moses’s hands were held up, Israel would prevail. Keep your hands held high in faith and joy. This will keep us in the Lord’s victory.
- A time for wrong decrees to be broken off of you. (If wrong decrees are heeded to, they will encircle you and will cause others to say the same negative thing about you.) You need to break off the negative things decreed about you. I suggest praying and asking the Holy Spirit to reveal some wrong decrees, both self-made, and “others-made.” Forgive those who uttered them, put the blood of Jesus on those wrong decrees, and then break them in Jesus’s name.
- It’s a time for leadership to awaken—Next month they go to war. Ask the Lord to show you every area of leadership you have, so that you can fully lead as He wishes you to.(The source material comes from my 2006 notes taken from a series of lectures [on CD] given by Chuck Pierce [Glory of Zion]. I highly recommend his website for more materials and more in-depth explanations. –Ron Sawka)