Note that every Hebrew month is linked with the following things:
- One of the twelve tribes of Israel
- A letter of the Hebrew alphabet
- One of the five senses
- A constellation. Psalm 119:1–3 says that the heavens declare the glory of God. We can fail to understand this and and fall into either occultism or humanistic rationalism.
- A limb or an internal organ
1. The month of Zebulun. The “business month” and the month of Pentecost (May 31–June 1). God wants us to learn about prosperity. Genesis 49:13 states, “Zebulun shall dwell by the haven of the sea; He shall become a haven for ships, and his border shall adjoin Sidon.” Deuteronomy 33:19 states, “For they shall partake of the abundance of the seas and of treasures hidden in the sand.” We must defeat the mindset that it is we who earn our money, or that we earn our living by our own efforts. Yes, work is part of our ministry and “the sweat of [one’s] face” came about because of the fall of Adam (Gen. 3:19), but God wants us to know it is He who gives us the power to obtain wealth (Deut. 8:18).
2. A month of giving, and a month to review your giving processes. Leviticus 23:16 states, “Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord.” We need to find some kind of special offering. Offerings can be our substance, our time, or even a particular revelation. We have to learn to share revelation with the right people. Don’t try to give it to an “old wineskin”—it’s often counterproductive. Most of us think we need to teach our revelation to others. However, we need to share that revelation only with those whom we should. Don’t try to force it; find the right connections. It is they we should be giving to/sharing with.
3. A month of receiving new boundaries or new fields. Watch for new fields and for boundaries to be enlarged this month.
4. A month to be merciful. In John 8, the Pharisees wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery, but Jesus forgave her. Be careful to move in mercy.
5. A month of alignment (Moses, Miriam, Aaron). Notice worship and sound during this month. Alignment began last month (connecting the first and the third months). We aligned with the Lord by counting down to Pentecost. So now we are positioned for Him to adjust our alignments with people.
6. This is a key month of Sabbath. Pentecost (May 31–June 1) is called the Feast of Weeks because it is seven weeks (fifty days) after the Feast of Firstfruits and Jesus’s resurrection. Note that “7” is the number of completion/perfection. At Pentecost, God gives new provision, new revelation, and new power. This comes as we rest in him. The 120 rested in the unity God gave them and He blessed them. We need this to come to completion.
7. The month of the Hebrew letter zayin—receiving mercy to complete certain things. Jesus had given his disciples the task of spreading the gospel to the whole world. But this was impossible to do without the Holy Spirit. Let’s remember the Lord has anointing for us to complete what He gives us to do. Zayin means both “the sword,” and “sustenance or nourishment.” Note how the word of God is both the sword of the spirit and the bread of life. Zayin also has a numerical value of “7,” or “completion.” Soon we will have finished counting the omer—focusing for fifty days on how “man lives by every word that comes out of the mouth of God.” Thus, we will now find that the word is a sword breaking us into victory.
8. The month of the “transparent pane” so that you see clearly. Declare that heaven’s window is over you. Nissan (the first month) was the month of the “window of heaven.” Iyar (the second month) “connected” it so that now we can see. Therefore, expect that you can see better; also expect the Lord to make His secrets known to you.
9. The month of the constellation Gemini (or the two tablets). The law had to come twice because of Moses’s failure. Isn’t it good to know that we can fail and God still comes through for us because of His mercy.
10. The “wedding month.” Read Song of Solomon 5:2. Think “covenant”; think “intimacy with the Lord.” Be sure to take time to draw away with Him. A great result of being filled with the Holy Spirit is that we love the Lord more and more.
11. Jacob or Esau month—good inclination or evil inclination. We have to remember that there is an evil as well as a godly inheritance. You choose the one you want. Let’s be sure to choose the godly inheritance.
12. A month of “cause,” rather than “effect.” Become a catalyst that develops into a “cause.” “Effects” will come later. This is much like sowing.
13. A month to continue on in God’s way, instead of taking a wrong path. If necessary, choose against your emotions so we don’t cause the angels to leave. “Rejoice, Zebulun, in your going out, and Issachar in your tents! They shall call the peoples to the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness; for they shall partake of the abundance of the seas and of treasures hidden in the sand” (Deut. 33:18–19).
14. The month to go from one level of strength to the next.
15. The “left foot” month, connecting your speech to your walk. Proverbs 10:9 reads, “He who walks with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his ways will become known.” What you decree has to match your walk. If you don’t walk it out, the decree will not help.
Don’t let the Western mindset fragment your thinking. God is moving through—not disconnecting—the months. He is tying each month into the next. Gather wisdom and move forward. This is the way not to waste the blessings of the previous months. God’s power can restore things quickly. Once you get moving in God’s timing, you move into and begin to see restoration and acceleration. Restoration will double, quadruple, or septuple as quickly as what you wasted. Don’t give up on people who have made a mess. God can rebuild. They rebuilt the wall in fifty-two days.
(This material comes from my 2006 notes taken from a series of lectures [on CD] given by Chuck Pierce [Glory of Zion]. I highly recommend his website for more materials and more in-depth explanations. —Ron Sawka)