• A month to see and establish the brilliance of your righteousness. Even when negative things happen, we can shine brighter and brighter through praise and declaration. See Isaiah 58:8, Psalm 112:4, and Daniel 12:3. Note that Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians during this month (Jer. 39:2), a very negative thing. However in this same month, Ezekiel also saw the glory of God (Ezek. 1:1). Believe to see the glory of God.
• The month of tribe of Reuben. He lost his inheritance as firstborn. Reuben is an example of someone with great potential—but because he did not deal with his basic issues, failed to excel. The Lord wants to deal with blind spots and other unresolved issues so we can spring ahead. Genesis 49:3–4 describes Reuben: beginning of power; excellence and dignity; unstable as water.
• God wants us to really shine this month, and one of the ways will be through worship. Ask the Lord to take your worship to a new level. Note that Moses’s face glowed after being with the Lord. Also notice that the people worshiped the golden calf (Exod. 32:1) because they couldn’t accept delay. Therefore, thank God for any delay and keep worshiping Him.
• A month to either accept your calling or speak an evil report of who you are. We have a choice of which it will be. People fall into negativity because they don’t know how to speak out who they are and what they are about. You must like yourself; if you don’t, then there is something about the Lord you don’t like. Look at past prophecies of who you are and declare them during this month. They will be like seeds you sow which will bring a great harvest in September (Feast of Tabernacles).
• The month of the letter chet [ח], which means “light radiating from your eyes.” The devil tries to put this light out. Chet is also tied to the number “8”—which signifies new beginnings; it also is referred to as the letter of “life.” It can also mean “sin.” Through this letter, God is showing us that we can, and must, choose correctly so that we don’t fall into negativity. See Isaiah 42:6 and Revelation 1:14.
• The “filmstrip” month. You can watch your life progress. Therefore, stop and make any necessary adjustments. Ask the Lord to show you how you might end up if you are not careful to walk with Him.
• This month is linked with the constellation of the crab. Our shell must be removed so that we are vulnerable. If you don’t allow yourself to be vulnerable, you will become hardened and won’t be able to enter into the next stage of growth. Ask the Lord to remove any hardness or shells from you.
• A month to guard your heart—what you feel and think, as well as your eyes—what you allow yourself to see. “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse” (Deut.11:26). See also Deuteronomy 30:15, which states, “I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.”
• The month of the right hand—the aligning covenant. See Song of Solomon 5:2–12. Remember your covenants—the right hand has to do with relationships and covenants. Affirm the relationships you are to keep. Let God lead and align you with new relationships. Ask the Lord for a new level of intimacy with Him. We have just come through the month of Pentecost, which was about aligning. Now watch for those the Lord aligns you with to help move you ahead into your destiny.
(This material comes from my 2006 notes taken from a series of lectures [on CD] given by Chuck Pierce [Glory of Zion]. I highly recommend his website for more materials and more in-depth explanations. —Ron Sawka)