“Honor the Lord with your possessions, and with the firstfruits of all your increase; so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine” (Prov. 3:9–10).
Become an Apostolic Fund Supporter
December is the month where I ask for people to sign up as Apostolic Fund Supporters (AFS), those who pledge to support $1,000 (US or equivalent) for 2018. And perhaps it’s fitting that during December the Lord has been showing me so much about finances and giving. On this most recent ministry trip in particular, I have had to teach on tithing, giving, and firstfruits offerings. It’s been exciting to hear the testimonies that they experienced. Below are some scriptures about giving that the Lord highlighted to me:
• Giving is directly connected with being spiritually being fed or unfed. Giving releases revelation as we see in this well-known verse: “Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house” (Mal. 3:10). The more faithful I am in tithing to the church/body God has connected me to, the more God will see to it that there is food (revelation) in the house. I will be fed. In fact, I will find the windows of heaven (of revelation and blessing) opening over me. AFS is not about tithing, but the principle is the same. Whenever we give, we set ourselves up to receive revelation (food) from the Lord.
• Giving the first fruit breaks barrenness and keeps it broken. I share this because AFS is a kind of firstfruits. Hannah promised that if God gave her a son, she would give him back to God. That pledge to give the “firstfruits” broke barrenness and Samuel was born. The pressure to keep this long-awaited son must have been incredible. But she faithfully kept her pledge and gave him back to God. He was her “first fruit.” The result? Barrenness stayed broken. She had not just one, but a total of seven children (1 Sam. 2:5).
• Thankfulness sets us up for multiplication. Jesus thanked the Lord for the five loaves and two fishes, and this resulted in 5,000 being fed. The lesson is clear: the more we thank the Lord for what He has given us, the more it is enhanced or multiplied. (Conversely, being unthankful causes those same resources to diminish.) It goes without saying that I (and all of us at Arise 5) am very, very thankful for you and for each and every one who gives to us. Without your giving we could not have done many of the assignments the Lord has for us.
Here is a brief, general list of some of the ways your support helped in 2017.
- Allowed me to go on ministry trips to economically difficult places such as Sri Lanka, Russia, and Armenia. As of this year, Sri Lanka now has an Arise 5 coordinator and the network there is growing very quickly. Again, thank you.
- Helped me attend Gatherings in Korea, Canada, and Egypt.
- Supported coordinators in nations including Taiwan, China, Russia, Malaysia, and Japan.
- Allowed me to move more into internet broadcasting.
There is much more waiting for us in 2018, and again we need your help. In fact, the number of nations keeps increasing.
If you are not already one, please consider becoming an Apostolic Fund Supporter. You are an important part of the team and we commit to praying for you, prophesying for you, and being available for you as the need arises.
For English, click on this link: https://goo.gl/forms/uUoJc1cVXUMX9AL82 (if you have a Google account) and simply fill out the form.
You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the following information:
- First and last name
- Names of spouse, family members
- The amount of your pledge
- Any prayer requests
- If possible, also please attach a picture of yourself, so we can pray for you and prophesy from time to time.
For other nations, please write to the coordinator in your nation.
Thanks for praying.
Ron and Teddy Sawka
- Dec. 7–9, Gathering, Cairo, Egypt
- Dec. 11–14, Russia
- Dec. 14–15, Seoul, Korea
- Dec. 16, Arise 5 Yokohama
- Jan. 7–8, Arise 5 Japan New Year’s Conference
Please Keep Praying
• Alignment for Japan’s Harvest—Arise 5 Japan New Year’s Conference
January 7–8, 2018
We know that now is the time of harvest in Japan. We also know that God is preparing the new vessels of apostolic centers and house/marketplace churches to bring in that harvest. The key in all of this is following the Lord in alignment. We must resist the human tendency to “do it by ourselves” and allow the Lord to link us with His family. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
• Arise 5 Annual Conference—Okinawa, Japan
February 2–4, 2018
At our annual conference, which was held this past July in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, the Lord spoke clearly that our next Arise 5 Annual Gathering needed to be in Okinawa. Please join us February 2–4, 2018. For registration and hotel information, please contact the Arise 5 coordinator in your nation. More details may be found here.
Giving to Arise 5
Your giving plays such a vital role in helping us to do what the Lord has assigned to us. No matter what amount the Lord puts on your heart, we are so very, very thankful. Be blessed with the same blessing the Lord gives us as we travel (1 Sam. 30:24).
You may also feel led to become an Arise 5 Apostolic Fund Supporter (AFS) by pledging to give $1000 (US) or its equivalent for the year.
Bank Info and Online Giving
Arise 5 now has online giving. Not only will this make it easier for those who live in the USA and Canada, but it will also help those in countries without a designated account for Arise 5. You can give by credit or debit card, or via electronic bank account transfer at arise5.com/giving.
For overseas donors who would like to give via PayPal, please contact us.
You can also give via the bank account in the following nations: Japan, China, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, and Russia. Bank information is listed below.
JAPAN (and direct deposits from countries not listed below):
Bank name: SMBC Trust Bank
Address: Nishi Shimbashi Square 1-3-1 Nishi Shimbashi, Minato Ku, Tokyo Japan 105-0003
SWIFT code: SMTC JPJT
Intermediate bank name and SWIFT code: Citibank Japan Ltd. Tokyo Japan, CITI JPJT
Account name: Ronald W. Sawka
Account number: 93642377
CHINA: 中国工商银行郑州郑上路支行, 户名：RONALD WADE SAWKA, 账号：6212 2617 0201 3013 933
KOREA: KEB Bank 172-18-47989-8
MALAYSIA: Standard Chartered Bank 390194941955 (account name Ronald W. Sawka)
SINGAPORE: POSBank 149-42129-7 (account name Ronald W. Sawka)
TAIWAN: Chinatrust 42854-041347-0
RUSSIA: Please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*USA: Destiny Christian Church, 2161 Forrest Avenue, Dover, Delaware 19904
Email: email@example.com; Phone: 302-674-4288
OTHERS: Please use the SMBC Trust Bank details for direct deposits to Japan as listed above (be sure to include the intermediary bank name and SWIFT code).